Some of my best childhood memories are ones of the storytelling that took place during family gatherings. No matter what holiday or special occasion, there would always be family members sitting around laughing as they shared stories of family history and adventures.
Many of my family members have since passed away and I find myself trying to remember many of their stories. I would like to share them with my husband, children, siblings, nephews, nieces and extended family. Sadly, many of the family stories have slipped from my memory and I can only recall vague bits and pieces. Now, my husband and I are on a mission to try and preserve some of our family history and stories. We are amateur genealogy enthusiasts just starting out on this adventure.
Recently, I enjoyed the opportunity to review Saving Memories Forever with the Mosaic Reviews team. The timing was perfect as we are at the very beginning of our collection of family history!
The Saving Memories Forever website and mobile apps are unique resources for preserving family stories, history, and memoirs. I received the Premium subscription ($3.99 monthly) to review. It was very easy to get started!
First, I downloaded the iOS app for my iPhone and logged in with my username and password.
Next, I set up my husband and I as storytellers. With the Premium app, I have the option for unlimited storytellers. The free version includes 2 storytellers.
The app provides the option for you to select which category of prompts you would like to use to generate discussion for the recording.
Each category section includes useful prompts. The questions can be used to record personal memoirs and to interview other family members.
Once the prompt is selected, you are ready to record. It is simple as that! The app even includes a "Helpful Tips" section to provide you with pointers on how to record the best session. The app recommends 5 minutes as an ideal recording with 10 minutes as the maximum.
What I enjoyed about Saving Memories Forever:
- It is very easy to use!
- The app is a handy tool for recording spontaneous moments with family
- You can navigate the app easily and it is intuitive
- A full tutorial is provided on the How It Works page
- A User's Manual with colorful screenshots offers comprehensive guide
- You can have multiple storytellers
- The question prompts are engaging!
- You can interview family members to record their memories
- You can use this tool to record your family memories and personal memoirs as you experience them (celebrations, vacations, childhood milestones, ordinary days, etc.)
- You can download your recordings in a zip file for additional backup
What You Need To Know Before Purchasing:
- A free trial version is available
- The monthly paid option is an affordable choice to compliment genealogy efforts
- Are you challenged by new technology? Just read the User's Manual to see the instructions
- You have the choice between an iOS app and Google Play
- If you do not have a smartphone, you can use the service on the website
- If you use the website only, the steps are more involved
- The most convenient option to use is the mobile app
Title: Saving Memories Forever
Developers: Harvey and Jane Baker
Format: Website and Apps (App Store and Google Play)
Retail Price: Free and $3.99 monthly options
Have you ever wished you could remember your parents’ stories about their childhood? Do you have relatives who you only see once in awhile, but whose stories you’d love to capture and keep? Have you planned to write down your family history, but just haven’t had the time? Saving Memories Forever helps families record, save, and share family memories “one story at a time”.
The system has two parts: a smartphone app and a website. Subscribers use the smartphone app to record the stories and use the website to manage the stories. The recording is easy, mobile, and fun. Using the app, the recorded stories are easy to upload. Subscribers then manage their stories on the website, adding tag words for easy story searching... plus the extras such as photos, recipes, and other family storytellers. The website is private and secure.
App Store - free app
Google Play - free app
Connect with Saving Memories Forever:
Be sure to check out all of the other great reviews on this resource at Mosaic Reviews!
I received a complimentary copy of this product from Saving Memories Forever to help facilitate the writing of a frank and honest review for Mosaic Reviews. This author was under no obligation to offer a favorable review. All opinions shared about the product are the honest responses of Sharra Badgley. Your results and opinions may vary.